Subject: Re: [Leica] 90mm lens comparisons
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 21:53:56 -0600

At 04:17 PM 12/17/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello everyone!  I am new to the list and have a very specific request.  I
>own a 90mm Summicron f2 lens and am unhappy with the sharpness.  My negs

Timothy,

There are some 90 Summicrons that came slightly out of adjustment from the
factory. Send them to Leica and have them calibrated to your body, and they
will work just fine. They're great lenses, and not unsharp by any means.

Professional Camera Repair (used to be owned by Marty Forscher) in New York
knows about this problem and knows how to fix it. It's not an optical problem.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

What is the probability that something will happen according to the odds?