Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] M5 leather Strap or Replacement
From: Peterson_Art@hq.navsea.navy.mil
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 15:36:51 -0500

     Re Bill Caldwell's message (below):

     I apologize for taking so long to answer---and in any case, I don't
     know whether this will be of any help to you---but my old M5 catalog
     (not 50th Anniversary, and not 3 lugs but 2) lists the part number for
     a replacement carrying strap with non-slip pad as 14190, not the 14196
     you mentioned, and it does not specify leather (and I cannot tell from
     the photograph whether that 14190 strap is leather or something else).

     As to your real question of what's available, I cannot help except to
     say that I am aware that straps can sometimes be found through various
     dealers in used Leica equipment (such as the ones that advertise in
     "Shutterbug" magazine).  Check out their web sites, or call them.

     Hope that helps,

     Art Peterson