Subject: Re: [Leica] Winogrand/blind shooting
From: TTAbrahams <TTAbrahams@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 18:56:10 EST

Erid, So far nobody has offered me any money for the Winder business and there
are some days when I would sell it cheap,then there are the other days when I
have been touch with users and feel on top of the world. Leica USA and Leica
Solms have several winders ( they always "borrow" them from me!).
 As for the doubling of price on a Leica made winder, all the collectors would
like that because it would have a Leica logo on it, the users would grumble
because they would have to put black tape over the logo!
 The first batch of Rapidwinders ( 1987/88) had the word Rapidwinder engraved
on the front" hey, can I order one without the engraving" I changed the
engraving to the bottom " Hey, can I have one without the engraving filled in
with white" Now I have the engraving done in the CNC machine that mills out
the cases and it is unfilled, you really have to look for it. I have to have
it there because of Customs and Officials.
 As for working my butt off,making winders, as long as it does not affect my
coffee habit (Vancouver is 2nd only to Seattle for caffein wired inhabitants)
and my shooting I can produce them, but one day I will use that most feared
phrase in British " Last Orders, please"
Tom A