Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: P&S Recommendation and focus lock
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 23:14:12 -0500

<<A slight repression on the shutter release,
actually focuses the lens...then the final downward part of the
depression releases the shutter.  Thus you can easily "prefocus" on a
point in front of you...and then complete the release of the shutter at
the "decisive moment."  This doesn't take a lot of getting used to.
These two minis are the only ones that I know of that have this
timesless feature.>>

The Nikon Ti cameras and the Ricoh GR-1 also share this feature. On the
Ricoh you can prefocus, push a button and it lock there. It's fumbly, but I
use that feature often.

Tom