Subject: Re: [Leica] 90mm lens comparisons
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 22:33:30 -0600

At 08:52 PM 12/18/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Really? I did not know that. The R version I had seemed to have a larger
front
>element. Did Leica change this? Either way, a stellar lens.

Yes, since about the mid-80s they have identical optical formulae. That is
the latest version of both lenses. Superb performers. I might get one for
my M6 some day when I don't feel like lugging around the 75 Summilux.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Men say they know many things; but lo! they have taken wings
The arts and sciences, and a thousand appliances
The wind that blows is all that any body knows.
  -Thoreau