Subject: Re: [Leica] Telephoto Lens
From: "Dale R. Reed" <dale-reed@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 08:05:23 -0800

c.blaue@bmsg.de wrote:

> Dale,
>
> it sounds as if you need a small lens, tack sharp, able to separate the
> in-focus area from the background.
> For this I recommend the M2.8/90.

Just to make sure that I will be buying the lens you recommend
christoph:

In the Leica catalog x/96/DY/B there is a 90 mm ELMARIT-M f/2.8 lens and
at
http://leicasource.com/rangefinder.html the cost is $1245.

> If your shots include landscapes - I didn't quite understand in your posts if
> you photograph details only or the whole thing as well - I recommend in
> addition the M2.0/35 Asph.

I am sure I will be taking photographs of many things I can not even
imagine now.  And this lens rings a bell for my Retinas had 35mm f/2.0
lens but:

The catalog(maybe because it is dated 1996) does not picture the lens.
There are only two 35mm lens, a SUMMICRON-M f/2 and a ASPH SUMMILUX
f/1.4 .  But leicasource.com lists a M-35/2.0 ASPH Black at $1495.  I
will assume that this is the lens you recommend and go with this as I
shop for a lowest cost supplier.

Thanks for the help, your advice make good sense to me.   Dale
- --
$  dale-reed@worldnet.att.net   Seattle, Washington U.S.A.  $