Subject: Re: [Leica] Dale Reed's Post: 35 MM Lens for M6
From: "Dale R. Reed" <dale-reed@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 07:40:06 -0800

CMUHLSTEIN@aol.com wrote:
<snip>

> Otherwise, your long-term value is better with an
> ASPH as also evidenced by Leica continously changing many lenses to ASPH like
> the latest  90 f2.8 and the 21 f2.8. Resale prices of non-ASPH should soften.
<snip>

OK I found the lastest skinny on the ASPH 35 mm lens at
http://www.leicasource.com/rangefinder.html  and

http://www.leica-camera.com/m_system/mobj_e.htm  and

http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/m/lenses/pages/l11879.html and with
the message that I just received from  George Huczek

I think I understand a lot more and will be ordering a:

 SUMMICRON-M   ASPH.    f/2/35         64°      7/5          0.7m
255g

BUT you just threw me a curve on the "ASPH like the latest 90 f2.8"  Are
you sure about this one?  And if so zing me a reference please.

I think the lastest 90 f2.8 is:

ELMARIT-M              f/2.8/90        27°      4/4          1.0m
410g

Dale
- --
$  dale-reed@worldnet.att.net   Seattle, Washington U.S.A.  $