Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens Names
From: "Roy C. Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 22:23:02 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 22 Dec 1997, Alfred Breull wrote:
> Max Berek designed the 1.9/73 Hektor and the 1.5/85 Summarex.
> Marc J Small mentions in one of his mails (some moths ago),
> that he named them after both his dogs, Hektor and Rex...
>
> DOGS! <grumble, grumble>

Now, it could have been worse. Imagine what names these lenses would
bear if Herr Doktor Berek had cats.

And before the cat lovers on the list hang me in effigy, I just finished
up some prints of a friend's cat done with the 90 Elmarit on the R4.  I
continue to stand in awe of what this glass can produce - even when a cat
is the subject :-)

Written by:	Roy C. Zartarian	| Prophets are not without honor
		25 Stuart Street	| except in their own country
		Newington, CT 06111 USA	| and in their own house.
		http://www.connix.com/~royzart
Written with the assistance of a labrador retriever whose chin is on the
keyboard.  Any typos are his fault.