Subject: Re: [Leica] M and R wide angle lens differences
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 97 23:15:57 -0500

jay coleman wrote

>Hate to ask this, but how do you like the 24?
>
>Thansk for your thoughts.

I personally like it fine.  It is wide enough for most things, and I
notice no distortion.  The lens works very well even when shooting
straight into the sun.  Today I was shooting some fishermen silhouetted
against a lake with the sun in the frame and sun reflecting off the water
into the lens.  There was a little noticeable flare, but it was not as
bad as I have seen in some lenses.

If you are wanting a lens that gives a really wide look I would recommend
the 19.  This is the first time I have not owned a lens in the 20 mm
range,  I found that I was almost always cropping in on my shots, so I
figured why spend the extra money when I am not using the extra 5 mms
anyway; but I have to admit I am saving up for the 15, that thing sounds
awesome and when I want WIDE a 19 just isn't wide enough.

Hope this helps.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto