Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodalux
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 20:11:40 -0600

At 10:56 AM 12/24/97 -0600, you wrote:

>Can someone tell me the current status of Kodak/Kodalux with regard to
>Kodachrome processing?

Kodak, I'm told bought some of the Kodalux labs back, because of complaints
over terrible service and quality processing. They have also just come out
with new minilabs for Kodachrome that don't require a full time chemist to
run, and they don't cost anywhere near $2 Million like the old ones. And
they're about the size of labs at 1 hour photos. I saw a picture of one.
I'll bet National Geographic buys one.

Also there's supposed to be a new Kodachrome coming out some day, but who
knows? The rumor has it that it will be 100 ISO and have the grain of ISO
25 PKM. I always liked Kodachrome through Leica glass. Nice combination.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Thought for the day:
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 As always, avoid alliteration