Subject: [Leica] You scream ice cream
From: Woodwrkng <Woodwrkng@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 11:45:25 EST

A little someting for bay area folks who know Fentons

I was just in Oakland on the way home from the Christmas festiveties Saturday
... went on a little sentimental side trip to Fentons Ice cream Parlor in
Peidmont where as a boy my dad took a shot of me staring at the cherry atop a
Fentons special(huge sunday) which has been adopted by Fentons as a kinda
store icon..(the few that are left)and ...walla! sure enough the Fentons there
was still in business with a large pict of my four year old self on the
wall... complete with the devils and pitchforks wallpaper background... ha!  I
believe Dad took this with his Exacta. (1955) My Dad was a great amature
photographer... and I too aspire..
Gary