Subject: Re: [Leica] motive, motif, theme ...
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 21:29:06 +0100

Dan, Eric,

back from family and friends, I'm gradually working thru several
hundreds of emails. So, I'm a little behind actuality ...

In German, the word "Motiv" agrees to the English "motive", but we
use it in the meaning of "motif" or "theme". Further, we hardly
differ between "motive" and "subject" in this context. The usage
of "motif" - which (according to my dictionary) is limited to painting
or music - is used wrong by the author in Eric's cited text.

Alf