Subject: [Leica] This is the definite logic behind those Leica gadgets - read with humor
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 97 12:41:23 +0100

If there were no Leica gadgets to sell, or nobody interested in buying
these (sometimes expensive and often useful) items, there would be no
extra profits for Leica Solms gained thru merchandising. This would lead
towards less overall profits for the camera maker, which in turn would
imply less investment money for R&D, so less innovative cameras and
lenses, possibly even no R8.2 or R9 (AF?), surely no R8 motordrive for
1998 (the motorwinder only just came out), and I could go on like this
for a long time.

Morale of the story: buy as much items as you can from the Leica
Collection catalogue, it is all going to the nice and wonderful people at
Solms who will, in return, make even better cameras and lenses, beat the
Jap competition, provide more jobs for Germans and Portuguese (and on a
larger scale for all their friendly foreign distributors), and -most
important of all- be able to put more effort in effective quality control
before shipping items to the end consumers...

My wish list for 1998 or is this asked for too much?

:-)

Pascal
Belgium

Message sent on a Macintosh PowerBook G3, the world's fastest laptop