Subject: Re: [Leica] 75 Summilux!
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 19:16:29 -0600

At 10:00 PM 12/29/97 -0800, you wrote:

>Sounds great Eric... I'm jealous. Is the size a hindrance of any sort???

Don't be jealous. Buy one! :-)

It is heavy, unless you compare it to a Nikon, Contax or Canon 85 fast
lens. Then it's quite light. I find it very nice to use, but in vertical I
have to be careful not to block the rangefinder. It's just like any other
piece of equipment, it just takes some time to get used to.

But as far as focusing, I have no problem at all focusing. It snaps in and
out very fast. I thought about trying it at a basketball game last night
for laughs, but had a Canon Digital Camera (DCS3) and 200mm 1.8 lens
(Ultrasonic) to test out before I give it to our new photographer. :-) That
was more important to check out. I love this job!

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Seek the wisdom of the ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a
child.

Ron Wild