Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] Leica strap
From: "Roy C. Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 21:35:55 -0500 (EST)

Somewhere along the line of my checkered Leica career, I acquired the tip
of using the Leica strap and wrapping the hooks that go through the
eyelets on the camera body with a thin strip of black electrical tape
(much like the way a baseball bat is taped) or applying, for those truly
patient, a small diameter length of heat-shrink tubing.  The portion of
the hook that should be covered is that which is actually exposed and in
contact with the camera body after the strap fastener is secured.

Alternatively, I have seen one instance where a camera owner used
small black nylon locking wire ties to attach a strap to his camera body
in order to protect the finish.

On Tue, 30 Dec 1997 Afterswift@aol.com wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> On the subject of straps for M's, does anyone know where I can get shoulder
> straps that don't have metal buckles and the rest of the hardware that can
> easily abrade bodies?
>
> I think the only alternative is to have a leather craftsman make a few for me
> on a custom basis.
>
> Bob R

Written by:	Roy C. Zartarian	| Prophets are not without honor
		25 Stuart Street	| except in their own country
		Newington, CT 06111 USA	| and in their own house.
		http://www.connix.com/~royzart
Written with the assistance of a labrador retriever whose chin is on the
keyboard.  Any typos are his fault.