Subject: Re: [Leica] Slides
From: Tom Kline <tkline@grizzly.pwssc.gen.ak.us>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 09:25:49 -0900

>So if you are going to shoot "slide film" find a processor in Seattle who
>also looks after pros as well as amateurs and away you go. It's much easier
>than "doing your own" and probably a lot cheaper in the long run.
>
>Hopefully this brings you "up to date" with some of your questions and
>don't be surprised if you receive a couple dozen more posts.
>
>ted grant
>Victoria, BC Canada

Happy new year to all LUGers! Thank you all for the information you have
shared!
I used to live in Seattle and dealt with Pro-Lab located just north of the
Ship Canal and west if I-5. They do quick-turn-around E-6. A lab I deal
with more frequently these days is Citizens in Portland, OR as they can
also do 70mm E-6 for another one of my cameras! I am forced to use
mail-order as there is NO film processing available in this small and
isolated Alaskan town. For rush jobs I send to Anchorage but we are talking
mucho $$ espcially for Gold-Streaking on Alaska Airlines! As for doing it
yourself, mounting slides has to be the most tedious chore I can think of!

 BTW, I use Dale in FL to do color neg film as they will do slides from
them instead of those damn dinky prints (should be read with the same
emphasis as: 'damn dirty ape', from the movie 'Planet of the apes')! These
slides are no match for chrome originals on a light table but I have shown
these slides to several photogs via projector and they have been impressed
by the quality. The color neg approach is particularly good for high speed
films as they are less grainy than the equivalent slide material and have
more exposure lat. There is however, no match for either K25 or Velvia
slides!
Tom

May '98 be Great! (my poetry for the day)
Tom Kline