Subject: Re: [Leica] Slides
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 13:58:39 -0500

Seattle Filmworks used to use Kodak 5247 Motion Picture film which was a
negative print film from which the made prints, and using the companion
motion picture print film, slides. This film had a VERY Narrow lattitude;
which is why filmmakers usually have a lighting director to make sure every
spot in the scene it lit for optimum results... when printed out by our lab,
if the exposure is right you get decent photos; over or under expose, and
the slopes go wild and you get terrible results. Recently, they appear to
have switched to a German maufacturer- it is similar to Agfa, but I think it
may be Orwo, as the mask is slightly different from Agfa. Our lab still
refuses to process it, though.
Stick with Kodak, Fugi. or Agfa!  :}
dwpost@msn.com