Subject: Re: [Leica] shutter light leaks
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1998 22:31:33 -0500

Jack, Ted, et al.:

Lighten up guys. There's nothing harded to uncover than the source of light
leaks in an M. I'm certain that writer was serious, and looking for help.
There are many ways Leica M can leak, worn shutters and those felt pads
near the tracks being the primary ones.

I had a light problem once that dogged me for months until I located the
source. At the time, this sort of joking would have just added irritation
to a frustrating problem.

I suggest that he get his Leica, with film samples to a good repair
facilty. I'm pretty sure this was not a hoax.

Tom