Subject: Re: [Leica] APO 2x extender
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 1998 10:03:34 -0800

At 08:40 AM 1/3/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Help! When I attach the above device between the bodies of my R7 and R8
>and my 180 mm APO lens, the viewfinder suddenly does not contain the set
>aperture setting and appears to lose other details as well. Do any LUG
>members know why? Thanks!

The extender moves the lens away from the camera body by the length of the
extender. There is a little window under the prism, in front, just over the
lens mount. What you see in the aperture display in the viewfinder, is the
ACTUAL lens aperture ring. Move the lens away from the body and this little
window now looks down upon the extender, which does not have an aperture
ring. You are seeing the extender. This cannot be changed.

What are the other details that are lost?

Jim