Subject: [Leica] I need help identifying Leitz Enlarger.
From: Gabe <egabe@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 1998 16:42:26 -0800

- --------------1048EB4822F0B2C31B916AA0

> Hello all.

Well, I've been looking for a Leitz Enlarger for a while now and only a
few pop up at camera shows and they're usually a lot of money.  Today I
was wandering by a bunch of antique shops and I went into a massive
antique furniture store.  The place was empty.  I went upstairs and
found what looked to be a Leitz enlarger in the corner, almost hidden.
I tried not to run up to it to be too obvious so I strolled quickly.
Well, it was $350.00 and the guy gave it to me for $295.00.  It was in
mint condition and the lens was mint as well.   It is called a Fotomat
Ic and the lens is a FOCOTAR 50mm f4.5.  It has a built in easel also
made by Leitz Wetzler. Does anyone know anything about this enlarger?
How old it is?  The value? How I can get an old manual on it?  Any help
would truly be appreciated.  I just tried it out and it works great and
the lens is much better than the Nikkor lens I was using on my durst.
Let me know if anyone can help me out.

Thanks
Gabe

- --------------1048EB4822F0B2C31B916AA0

<HTML>

<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Hello all.</BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, I've been looking for a Leitz Enlarger for a while now and only a
few pop up at camera shows and they're usually a lot of money.&nbsp; Today
I was wandering by a bunch of antique shops and I went into a massive antique
furniture store.&nbsp; The place was empty.&nbsp; I went upstairs and found
what looked to be a Leitz enlarger in the corner, almost hidden.&nbsp;
I tried not to run up to it to be too obvious so I strolled quickly.&nbsp;
Well, it was $350.00 and the guy gave it to me for $295.00.&nbsp; It was
in mint condition and the lens was mint as well.&nbsp;&nbsp; It is called
a <B>Fotomat Ic</B> and the lens is a <B>FOCOTAR 50mm f4.5</B>.&nbsp; It
has a built in easel also made by Leitz Wetzler. Does anyone know anything
about this enlarger?&nbsp; How old it is?&nbsp; The value? How I can get
an old manual on it?&nbsp; Any help would truly be appreciated.&nbsp; I
just tried it out and it works great and the lens is much better than the
Nikkor lens I was using on my durst.&nbsp; Let me know if anyone can help
me out.

<P>Thanks
<BR>Gabe

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;</HTML>