Subject: Re: [Leica] I heard from Leica.....
From: Mark Newport <newport_m@utpb.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 98 09:49:07 -0800

>Dear LUGnuts:
>
>If you dont think Leica is listeaning in on us, think again! I received a very
>kind EMAIL this morning from Leica USA in regard to the coating problems I had
>on my new R35mm f2 ROM.
> snip

Leica USA is listening.  It's a long story but about 5-6 months ago, I
posted about my M4-P shutter/light leak problem on the LUG.  As some of you
recall the shutter had been serviced by Leica USA and was well out of the
warranty period when I discovered it really had not been fixed.  The next
day, I received a very kind e-mail from Leica USA offering to take care of
the problem.  This they did including sending it to Solms and loaning a M6
to get me by on a few assignments (it was gone 4+ months).  I have had it
back a little while now and and wanted to report to the LUG that they
really took care of me and the camera is fine in fact it feels like a new
one.  I'm very grateful to them as I was out only a nominal shipping charge.

Thanks
Mark