Subject: Re: [Leica] R zoom lens...
From: John Gong <jgong@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 22:30:22 -0800

Back to the original subject...

I used the 80-200 f4 with an original 2x extender last week, just for kicks.
At its longest stretch (400mm), the photo quality is bad. Color bleed, loss
of sharpness very obvious.  I'd use this setup only in an emergency or once
in a lifetime opportunity (like a supermodel from 200 yards :-)).   I also
took some scenics from Twin Peaks (San Francisco)at less than full stretch
and am waiting for the enlargements to come back.  I'll let you know if
they're any better.

John (a Leica Newbie, circa 11-97)