Subject: Re: [Leica] T400CN and gradation
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 11:08:42 -0500

Jim Zietz  wrote:

<<<<That is what I find lacking in the bland images I got with T400CN.>>>>

Jim,

I like the film very much.

However, maybe your comment, <<the bland images>>> describe what I refer to
as "too perfect looking" prints because there wasn't the "usual grain
pattern" look. In other words, some of the frames appeared as though shot
on larger format than 35mm and looked too perfect to be "available light"
images. More studio like and set-up.

Not a bad thing, but once you commit to using it on a long term project you
have to keep shooting it, as traditional grain look and T400CN look aren't
mix and matchable. :)

We did find better contrast to prints when the film was rated for 1600 and
3200 with push processed . Without any great increase in grain, just enough
to make the prints somewhat, "photojournalistic in look." Not such a bad
thing for documentary shooting.

ted