Subject: [Leica] Slumping Aussie Dollar
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 22:34:36 -0500

Alastair wrote:

<<<We down under have taken a 25% slide in our dollar so the thing adds up
to $12,500. No wonder even a nutter like me has been slow to enter the R8
world ;-) Off to Japan soon however!!>>>>>>

Alastair,

One great big "OUCH!"  I thought it was bad enough in Canada as there are a
few Leica items I wanted this year, but with the Cdn dollar almost half the
American dollar it's going to be a bit yet.But you guys are really hurting
when it comes to things Leica!

I'm assuming your trip to Japan means Leica bits and pieces are much
cheaper there? Although at one time many many moons ago when I was shooting
in that country the prices of Leica gear was much higher than here at home.

Well maybe the "Tooth Fairy!" :) will help me win the lotterey and I can
pick-up a few new lenses.:)

ted