Subject: [Leica] M6 Question
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 12:48:07 -0500

Richard wrote:

<<<<there appears to be a circular black plastic plug on the floor of the
camera in front of the shutter.  Not one to simply pry it off for a look,
I'm interested in knowing what it behind the plug.>>>>>

Richard my friend,

You sound like the curious cat as in "Curiosity killed the cat!" Man I
never had any inclination to find out whats behind anything inside a camera
or strobe since I thought I could find out why a big studio strobe wasn't
working properly and put my fingers inside!!!!! And immediately following
finding  myself on the other side of the studio floor with a smoking
finger! :)

MY curiosty nearly "killed this cat!" :)

Relating one other tale only computers this time. On occaison when these
damn things do something wierd and I try to look inside, my son reminds me:

A/ of the flying across the studio! :) A hair raising experience

B/ you don't need to know what it's for or how it does it!

But seeing you are not prying little plugs off to look and even if it were
something for adjusting, the thought to keep in mind is: Am I trained and
do I have the equipment to make the adhjustments if in deed the camera is
out of whack.:)

Just trying to avoid some grief and dollars for you when you find, "OOPS!
and it's on it's way to New Jersy to be made right again. :)

ted