Subject: [Leica] R4? R4S?
From: "Roy C. Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 20:24:11 -0500 (EST)

LUGs,

The fates are laughing heartily at me.  A few weeks ago an R4 outfit
joined me and the labrador in the household.  Today, my local photo
supplier smirked as I zeroed in on the R4S that just appeared in the used
equipment case.

I recall some discussions about the relative quality of the various R4
permutations with some consensus that the later version (R4S) was a more
reliable piece. Because I really don't use all the exposure metering modes
of the R4, do you folks think a replacement with the R4S is the way to go?

Roy

Written by:	Roy C. Zartarian	| Prophets are not without honor
		25 Stuart Street	| except in their own country
		Newington, CT 06111 USA	| and in their own house.
		http://www.connix.com/~royzart