Subject: Re: [Leica] New M6 (.85)
From: Richard DeLuca <odyssey@spectra.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 22:16:04 -0500

Joe Stephenson said:

>I agree with Rich's comment about likeing the M6 viewfinder. However, I also
>use an M3, with a higher maginfication viewfinder, and I like it, too. The M6
>is good for action because it let's you see more of how the center of interest
>relates to the background and makes it easier to track the movement of
>something into the picture area. You get the big picture.
>
>The M3 is better for taking pictures of motionless objects, and it of course,
>it gives you a bigger image of what will end up on the film. The solution is
>easy; buy one of each. No problem. Happy shopping.

Sorry Joe,

You got it wrong. It wasn't *me* who said he liked the M6 viewfinder.
Actually, I hate it!!

I only use the camera cuz of the meter.  My uncle gave me his M3 and three
lenses a few years ago, and I like the viewfinder much better.  The only
problem is that this M3 has great sentimental value, and is in marvelous
shape.  I use it lovingly and infrequently.

I also love the lifesize view in my Nikon SP, and it focuses like butter-
even faster than the Leica.  But the finder is dimmer than either the M3 or
M6.  Also the rangefinder is not as nice.  But like the Energizer Bunny, it
keeps going and going.......... my most reliable camera.

I'm really looking forward to the new M6.  It may be the ideal camera for
my tastes, especially because 35mm is the shortest focal length I ever use.

Best,
Rich