Subject: Re: [Leica] Rare 4/90 Elmar
From: Bill Larsen <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 22:38:32 -0800

At 11:56 PM 1/7/98 -0500, Marc wrote:
>At 08:20 PM 1/7/98 -0800, Bill Larsen wrote:
>I tried to confirm that I had a relatively scarce 90 mm
>>f/4 Elmar.
>
>Could you let us in on what makes this lens rare?
>
>Marc
>

>msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
>Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

Gee, I do not know if it is rare or not.  I was trying to confirm that
#20900878 was a three element lens rather than the four element Elmar.  My
understanding, from this group, is that Leica made an unannounced change
from a four element to a three element lens.  All I know is that it works
well for me, both as a prime lens and and with the head unscrewed on a
Bellows II.

The whole problem was prompted when my wife asked if my new camera had
arrived yet.  Huh???  Whoops, I did not think we were through with the
discussion, yet.  I try to keep her informed as to what not to send to the
Salvation Army in the case that I croak-off.

Regards,  Bill Larsen