Subject: Re: Re: Re: [Leica] HCB article
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 17:04:50 -0500

At 04:25 PM 08-01-98 -0500, Bob wrote:

>A well-written or photographed biography tells us about those elements in an
>artist's life that impacted his or her art. That's why I enjoy biographies.
>That knowledge permits me to appreciate the work all the more.

Yes, your absolutely correct.  And the article I referred to, if read in
its entirety, gives a clue (maybe only a clue) as to the inner workings of
HCB and perhaps an inkling into the sources of his creativity.  But if you
had to sum it all up in a few words, you would say that he came across as
an SOB.  You DID happen to know that Beethoven was insufferable and Picasso
was no saint.  How is this possible?

Dan C.