Subject: Re: [Leica] Old Leica, Old Photographer
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 19:37:04 -0600

At 02:10 PM 1/8/98 -0500, you wrote:

>very point for my next book.  The first Leica wasn't built, the very first
>prototype, until 1914.  Weren't you already full-grown by then?

The UR Leica? Wasn't it 1913? Ted must have been shooting with glass plates
back then. Pretty hard to shoot the Olympics with anything before Nicephore
Niepps (sp?).

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a
conversation if it didn't change once in a while. - Kim Hubbard