Subject: [Leica] 35mm 2.8 summaron M-SM conversion
From: Damian Dlugolecki <damian@europa.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 13:52:34 -0800 (PST)

I was reading in an older Viewfinder V24 no 3. p. 23 about a conversion of
a 35mm 2.8 summaron w/ bug eyes to a 35mm 2.8 summaron for SM, considered
rare.  The article, by Randol Hooper, does not make clear whether the
conversion was merely to deceive, or whether the conversion would actually
be workable with a SM rangefinder.   Does anyone out there know more about
this?  From my point of view a conversion such as this would be desirable
if the resulting lens worked with my iiif.
Thanks
Damian