Subject: [Leica] 50 Summilux R
From: use_reply-to@address.com
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 06:33:03 GMT

Alf, Erwin, others,

I went back to the shop this weekend and decided for a 1973 SL. Not
for the Summicron though, as it would overlap with my Summicron-M.
Instead I bought a clean 1971 1.4/50 Summilux-R.

This may have been somewhat impulsive. Actually I know very little
about the qualities of this Summilux-R. I remember Erwin Puts stating
that the 50 Summilux-M is underrated. What is the word about the "R"
Erwin?=20

The first roll is in the camera now and I will let you LUGgers know
how it goes from here.

Thanks again,
Leo Verwoerd <leover@knoware.nl>