Subject: R: [Leica] Fewer frames in M6 viewfinder ?
From: "Guido Ridoli" <guirid@numerica.it>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 23:05:02 +0100

- -----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Nick Hunter <nhunter1@mindspring.com>
A: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
<leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Data: luned=C3=AC 12 gennaio 1998 3.23
Oggetto: Re: [Leica] Fewer frames in M6 viewfinder ?

|It seems the criticism of the M6 finder has been along two
lines. The tele
|frames are too small (the .85 answers this), and the wide
frames are
|"cluttered"; that is to say each wide angle has a
distracting smaller frame
|inset.
|
|Here's my idea: an M6 with the current magnification, but
only the 28/35/50
|lines. this would be "do-able". There would then be three
finder options.
|Here is how you would select the right combination.
|
|1.) If you want to carry only one camera and use mostly
wide lenses with
|occasional short tele use: current M6.
|
|2.) For one camera with no 28: new .85 M6.
|
|3.) If you carry a complete system with two bodies, use .85
M6 + the "wide
|frames only" model I'm suggesting. If you use the new
camera (.85) for
|75-135, you wouldn't need the framelines for these lenses
in the "wide"
|camera, and you could enjoy a nice, clear view.
|
|4.) Folks using M's with only a 28 or 35, as an addition to
the SLR rather
|than a complete system could also opt for the cleaner
finder.

|So, whatta ya think?
|
|Nick Hunter

I've heard some "unofficial" voices from a Leica seller in
Italy about:
new external finder=3D multifocal finder like a "zoom"; frames
(listen to me) 21;24;28;35;50;75;90;135;  no multiple frame
in the finder, only the one selected.
prices  about 1400 $
but unfortunately no one LUGer believe about this voice...
I look forward to Solms....

          Guido Ridoli
    LEICA M  superfan
    guirid@numerica.it