Subject: [Leica] Re: Berlin trip and Re:Accessory 14167
From: "A S Jordan" <andrewsjordan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 09:07:56 -0500

Stefan Johnsson inquired  a few days ago about  Leica dealers in Berlin.
Back in
June when we were all excited about the 35mm f2 asph, I ordered one, after
several transatlantic inquiries, from Wustefeld Foto in Berlin.  They sold
the lens at a fair price and within six days from the time I placed the
order, the lens arrived at my house, carefully packed, and with a two year
international guarantee.  The salesman was very knowledgeable  and helpful.
It seems that this is a major camera store, soecializing in Leica in Berlin.
The address is 12163 Berlin, Schlossstr. 96
Telephone:(030) 791 88 88 /792 80 99
FAX:          (030) 791 10 66

With regard to the use of the 135f4 Tele Elmar   lenshead,  one  also needs
the 16464(OTZFO)  Visoflex focusing mount which then fits the 14167
Viso-to-R adapter. I have used this combination in various R cameras for
many years.  Moreover, the same combination also suits the 65mm f3.5 macro
Elmar-V and the 90mm f2.8 Elmarit-M lensheads.  These three lenses are
superb performers notwithstanding the advances in optical engineering in the
past 25 years. This dual use of the same lenshead in M and  Visoflex(or
Reflex)  bodies  shows very intelligent thinking by Leitz in  the old days
(i.e. before 1960). But the onslaught of SLRs had made  these  ideas  by and
large impractical. Note that only the aparture priority metering mode at the
working aparture is applicable to these lenses. Good luck Stefan.

               Andrew Jordan

          35 miles south of LEICA USA