Subject: Re: [Leica] Avenon 21mm
From: CapsTeeth <CapsTeeth@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 16:12:31 EST

This lens is available only as a screw-mount with an adaptor. (It's sold under
the Bower name through a number of sources for about $800 including a really
nice all-metal finder).  It's no match for any of the Leica 21's, but it has a
couple of advantages.  One, it will fit the screw-mount bodies and I believe
it holds its own optically against the older LTM lenses.  Two, you can't buy
any Leica 21 plus a finder for $800 unless they're in horrible shape and not
worth shooting with.  However, I would expect that if you wanted to sell it
later, it might be worth substantially less; while if you bought a Leica 21
used, you might very well sell it later at no loss, making it the better
bargain despite its higher initial cost.