Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica E-mail group
From: "Bill" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 21:40:43 -0800

You could try subscribing to the digest, but I don't think this would do
what you want (dejanews.com).  The problems seems to be that you have a
choice between a relatively private, relatively non-regulated, relatively
non-flame (well, sometimes), and non-spam private e-mail subscription and a
usernet-type newsgroup.  Try a few postings on the rec.photo groups.  You'll
probably find your e-mail address spammed out of existence in a few weeks.

You'll also find that fifty percent of the responses are nonsense.  But,
hell, if you are on XXX.com, next week  you just sign-up under a different
name and chug on.

Gee, I would never post my mailing address on the internet.

Regards,

Bill Larsen
P.O. Box 11129
Terra Bella, CA  93270

(And from that you can easily get my home phone number and street address in
case you want to send me a new M-6 by United Parcel or Fed-Ex  ;-)  just
don't send me any unsolicited advertisements).