Subject: Re: [Leica] Multi-Pop
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 00:53:15 -0600

At 03:01 AM 1/15/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Donal's post about loosing clients, keeping clients and trying to make it all
>work, might have made it to the LUG by mistake, but I enjoyed reading it. Its
>nice to know that we all have the same problems day to day.

I agree too. Newspapering has its own set of problems. Like clients,
editors can some times be twits.

Now that I am one, not all any more! :-)

For example, we had a big snow storm. For seven or more days we had
pictures of snow on the front page. Shoveling, making snowmen, clearing
windshields (windscreens), etc. etc.

I decided to make a snow picture without any snow. So I went to the local
library and photographed two kids absorbed in reading a massive pile of
Christmas books (right season for it) with light streaming in the window
onto them keeping them warm in their refuge from the snow and cold.

I took it back and showed it to the editor. She said "Where's the snow?"

Sometimes murder doesn't seem such a  bad thing. :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

"...nostalgia ain't what it used to be." ...unknown