Subject: Re: [Leica] CLE lenses on M bodies
From: Bill Barrett <barrettb@dialup.websteruniv.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 17:29:03

>>I use a 28 Rokkor on
>>my M4 & M6 with outstanding result. I went to a Leica clinic. I handed the
>>tech my M6 with the Rokkor mounted and he acted as if I had slapped him. He
>>didn't want to check the shutter until I replaced the Rokkor  with a 35
>>summicron. It seemed childish to me, but he was serious.

>I wonder what he would have done if it had been the 90 Rokkor instead,
>since it has the Leitz name on it.

Oh, well. When I got my Rokkor 28 back in the 80s, Walter Heun looked at it
on my M-whatever, said, "Nice lens," and gave me a wink and a big smile.
Sure, I thought; half the size, half the weight, half the price (then, at
least), and damn fine pictures. I've never regretted the choice.

Bill Barrett
St. Louis
barrettb@webster.edu (preferred address for personal mail)
http://www.webster.edu/~barrettb