Subject: Re: [Leica] Difference between M 90mm & R 90mm.
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 23:01:55 -0600

At 06:19 PM 1/17/98 -0800, you wrote:
>between an 90mm M 2.8 lens and an R 90mm 2.8 lens.  I raise the question
>because I'm debating on going for a second M lens and was thinking of a
>"90" but wanted to know what the quality differences are.

Talking about the current models, they are identical. Previous ones, I'd
say get the one you want. The qualitative difference can't be that big. The
90 Elmarit R is a great lens for closup work with the Elpro attachments, or
bellows or extension rings. Something not so easy on the M camera. Which
camera would you use it more on?

Remember, the R probably gives you a bit better focusing accuracy than the
M too.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now