Subject: Re: [Leica] CLE lenses on M bodies
From: Tom Kline <tkline@grizzly.pwssc.gen.ak.us>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 11:44:36 -0900

>At 12:49 PM 1/17/98 -0900, you wrote:
>
>>I wonder what he would have done if it had been the 90 Rokkor instead,
>>since it has the Leitz name on it.
>
>What does that mean? You're not implying that the 90 Summicron (Elmarit?)
>was outsourced? (latest versions don't say Leitz anyway).
>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>
>Eric Welch
>St. Joseph, MO
>http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch
>
>Photography can light-up darkness and expose ignorance.
>
>Lewis Hine 1904

Eric:
The 90 mm M-Rokkor sold by Minolta for the Leitz Minolta CL and the CLE
were made by EL.  I know, as I have one of these puppies. f/4 max. aperture
NOT to be confused with the cron or rit!! This is also mentioned in  LPB,
p. 90 7th ed. The lens is very similar to the Elmar-C except for the filter
size. There was some discusion of the focusing cams of these lenses a few
months back. Mine is not beveled FWIW. BTW your sig. lines consistently
crack me up!
Tom