Subject: Re: [Leica] Minolta CL and CLE Lenses
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans@komvux.skola.mark.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 20:45:46 +0100

Frank,
The Minolta CLE lenses can be used on all M-cameras, and will focus
correctly. I think the best way of recognizing them, is that they accept
40,5 mm filters. Beside the front glass on mine is engraved:
"M-ROKKOR 90mm f:4 o40,5mm MINOLTA"
So, look in the front for the "40,5mm", and you will know it is a CLE-lens.

The CL lenses will attach to M-bodies, but will they focus correctly? Well,
I _think_ they will on some M-bodies, but maybe not on others, depending on
rangefinder adjustment on different bodies. Safest is to get a CLE lens, and
you will have no worries. If you find a CL lens, try it out to see if it
focus with your specific M-body. We have been discussing this for years, but
we never seem to get a definite answer. But I have seen LUG-folks reporting
that they are using the CL 90/4 without problems. It is a great lens too.
/Hans