Subject: Re: [Leica] 2x "R" Extender at Camera Show.
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 18:19:15 -0500

Bud Cook wrote:

<<<I'm tempted to leave the 180 home on my next trip to Europe and use the
extender with the 90 mm SummicronR when I need something longer than the
90.>>>>>>

Jeeesh Bud,

Don't do that! :)  You'll be standing somewhere and there in front of you
is the greatest possible 360mm shot you will have ever taken and you'll
miss it because you left your 180 on the otherside of the pond. And the 90
with extender will be 180mm too short!:) And you'll stand there crying! :)

And you'll live with the memory of what could have been, if only you had
taken the 180mm and used your 2X on it! :)

Trust me, been there done that! You'll hate yourself for the rest of your
days. It isn't lugging a 400mm 2.8 around, a 180 isn't worth leaving at
home simply because you can use it for so many travel type situations and
when you want to "reach" you just pop that 2X on.

ted