Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Light Meter
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 20:12:58 -0600

At 12:50 AM 1/19/98 -0500, you wrote:
ct
>the difference in frames? I've tried to get the meter to give off a
>different reading by switching the frames lever (as if trying to use it

That's because you're trying to do what won't work. The area the meter
covers is what the meter sees off the shutter curtain directly from the
lens. What viewfinder is selected couldn't possibly have anything to do
with it. Leica just tells you to use the viewfinder frame because it helps
you visualize what the metering area is. Not because it actually has
anything to do with the metering.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

HEADLINE:    Red Tape Holds Up New Bridge