Subject: [Leica] An interesting M3 ?
From: Yueming Hsin <YHSIN732@anadigics.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 19:11:50 -0500

Hi,

  There's a M3 at eBay, Here's seller's description;

  "This is an unusual Leica M3 single stroke #968xxx...
unusual in the 'M3' designation at the top of the
camera has an oversize '3'...so that the height of the
numeral 3 is the same as that of the character 'M'. .....

The actually SN is 968377 and marked Wetzlar!

That confuses me a lot, because I also checked out Ghester's
"Identifying Leica Cameras", SN 968351-968500 being M3, third type,
Canada.
Anyone can give me an answer about m'3' and discrepancy in SN? Thanks.

  Besides, in the page 148, Ghester mentioned that;
"Not only Leica cameras and lenses are out on auction
but so are spare parts as the cover of this Christie's catalog
 illustrates. However, some collectors fear that
the selling of these spare parts can facilitate the work
of Leica counterfeiters who recently have been more and
more active."  If it is true, how can I tell??

Yueming Hsin