Subject: Re: [Leica]Bellows - was ring flash
From: Nick Hunter <nhunter1@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 21:14:01 -0500 (EST)

From Gary Todoroff:

>I saw an old product catalog from Acura that showed some Visoflex
>style equipment, plus a bellows with tilt and swivel. I think it was fairly
>old and only showed Thread Mount bodies. Now I may need to go back and
>study it more closely.

Gary:

Coincidentally, I have an Acura reflex housing (but unfortunately not the
bellows). It's an interesting design. A spring loaded lever raises the
mirror. It just gently raises it as you push the lever-there's no released
tension and no mirror slap, noise, or vibration! How Leica-like! (More than
my Viso II!) How does it fire the camera? A plunger extends as the mirror
is being raised, and through an old style cable it trips the shutter. Yes,
It's 39mm, and unfortunatly also has the screw mount style cable release.
This rig could be used with M only if the older cable could be adapted to
the modern cable style. IOW, the opposite of the commonly found adapters.

How about it? does anyone know if an old (LTM/Nikon F) style release can be
used on a modern style camera? I might just get the old thing out and use
it a bit! Or does anyone else know anything about Acura stuff?

Nick Hunter