Subject: Re: [Leica] Multi-Pop
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 01:06:31 -0500

ted grant wrote:

> Harrison wrote:
>
> <<Shoot it their way then do it your way and when it looks better they look
> good to their bosses and you get more work for making them look good and
> being "easy" to work with.>>>>>
>
> Harrison me old son,
>
> You've been there! Done that! Right! :)
>
> ted

I spent the whole day doing it this way. Had to photograph process
control circuitry and machinery for their manufacturer. Started in
drying room of pasta manufacturer at temperature of 110 degrees and like
humidity. Multiple lights, corrective filtration. From there to Steel
mill to photograph rail straightening equipment being run by this
control circuitry. Finally to paper manufacturer to show installations
there. Both the latter also with mixed lighting and corrective
filtration, etc. And, of course tight working spaces. Account exec
playing art director. Shot Polaroids, let him do his art director thing,
gave him his shots and then did a couple my way. Odds are, based on
experience, they'll use mine. The politics are harder than the
photography sometime.

I count the days until Paris and really getting a chance to play with
Mr. Abrahammson's rapidwinder.

Carl S.