Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Light Meter - another question
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 16:30:09 +0100

Hi Lug,

well, I know the light is measured from the white spot. This spot has -
according to the M6 Manual a height of 12mm. That is exactly HALF of the
height of the whole frame. However it is stated in the same manual, that the
area covered by the meter is TWO THIRDS of the height. So here is my question:

Where do they gain these additional measuring area?

I would understand if the mesured field in the scene would cover the same
proportion of the whole area covered by the lens as does the white spot from
the whole curtain.

Any suggestions?

christoph