Subject: Re: [Leica] Multiple Exposures w/ M6 & M3
From: The Barkers <rbarker@polarnet.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 21:23:46 -0800

>At 10:49 PM 1998/1/21 -0600, you wrote:
>>At 08:34 PM 1/21/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>>Hello LUGGERS:
>>>
>>>Is it possible to do mulitple exposures with M6 and M3?  I couldn't find
>>>any book mention multiple expsoures on M equipment.  Thanks.

Yes, it is possible - but rather inconveniant.  Before exposing frame to be
double exposed, tighten up film with rewind just a little and hold it.
Make first exposure.  Then, push rewind lever, and while continuing to hold
rewind knob tight, wind the film lever and re-fire.  It will only recock
the shutter.  Makes horrible sound.  When this was demonstrated by Offical
Leica chaps, they suggested that after yourlast multiple exposure that you
fire off a blank frame to give space for the camera to correct itself.
This works the same with most SLRs   Jim

James H. Barker (Jim) - jbarker@polarnet.com
High Latitude Documentary / Ethnographic Photography
Fairbanks, Alaska