Subject: [Leica] Angel Network LUGers
From: Myers Pete <MyersPete@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 04:20:03 EST

Hey guys!

I'm quite a few years behind you all in checking in at the big hotel in the
sky, but I sure would like to reserve a LUG spot if possible. You all keep
saying that you might not make it to the full use end of a new M6 0.85, which
we all hope is not true. I'm 38. Provided no giant kooties attack me (should I
tell you about the year and a half I was sick in bed due to parasites?) and
get me before my time, my next biggest opportunity will come from falling off
a cliff.

As my wife is well aware, when I photograph, I seem to have less fear then
common sense. I tend to find a shooting pearch on the Mtn side first and THEN
try to figure out how the heck I will ever get down. So far, it has not been
by the gravity fed, fast return method. But, I did get the 3 year warranty on
the R8 for just such a moment.

So, I was wondering; if I check in with the short form quick method by
checking the gravitational acceleration rates, would it be OK if I check in
with you all at the LUGer Heaven Hotel? What if I promise to land so that I
cussion the fall and spare the R8? Any upgrade to better accomidations if I
take a few snaps on the way down - kind of document the last moments?

Oh yes! I should ask, what kind of lab services will be available? I rather am
starting to dial in to PMK - any chance?

Well, what chance do I have if the R35mm f2ROM does not show up down here on
planet Earth soon - cant even get out to test shoot. Leica is rumoring that
they might ship me one in a week or so, if I am really, really lucky!

Pete Myers