Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica 1.4 R lenses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 14:12:14 -0600

At 10:30 PM 1/21/98 -0800, you wrote:

>This is true. Leica's own literature states that the 35/1.4 vignettes.
>Leica also states that it should not be used with a polarizer. This is the
>reason I still have my 35/2. Which is a great lens. Sharp wide open, no
>vignetting, works great with a polarizer.

And Mike Johnstone, editor of Photo Techniques magazine uses the 35
Summicron R as his main lens, mostly because no other 35mm lens gives him
the performance he wants. (Flare free). His critereon requires it to be an
f/2 lens. He doesn't want the weight of 1.4, and he requires an SLR.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!